TO THE WEBSITE OF|
LEEDS THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
(founded in September 1900)
Read more about Leeds Theosophical Society
We hold Regular, Free, Public Lectures.
Sunday Lectures commence at 2.30 pm.
We invite all those of goodwill whatever their nationality or opinions.
CYCLES OF ETERNITY: |
AN OVERVIEW OF THE AGELESS WISDOM
112 pages A4 square format with full colour diagrams and illustrations
Price £7.50 plus postage and packing
The Next Event is:
2.30 pm Sunday 9th July 2017
"Techniques for Developing Your Imtuitive Abilities"
- Bulbul Barrett (London)
or for future lectures please see Programme of Events
|What is Theosophy?
The word Theosophy has been used for many centuries. It is of Greek origin ( theo- 'divine', and sophia - 'wisdom') meaning Divine Wisdom. It is the wisdom that cannot be enclosed within words. It is a Truth which must be discovered and experienced by each one for themselves.
Theosophy, sometimes also called the Ageless Wisdom, is the Light which shines through the many coloured lamps of religions. It is the thread of truth in scriptures, creeds, symbols, myths and rituals. more about Theosophy
The Objects of the Society
- To form a nucleus of the Universal Brotherhood of humanity without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or colour.
- To encourage the study of comparative religion, philosophy and science,
- To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in man.
ARE YOU A THEOSOPHIST?
- Do you try to encourage true friendliness and sympathy between people of all nations, cultures and beliefs?
- Do you feel you are open-minded enough to learn about other people's religions and to see the signs of unity within all of them?
- Would you enjoy exchanging ideas on how the sciences of the outer physical world and the teachings dealing with the Soul of things can be reconciled?
- Above all, are you interested in contributing to the welfare of mankind by developing the potentials innate in each one of us
We welcome anyone who is in sympathy with our aims and objects.
To join the Theosophical Society or
for more information email: email@example.com
© 2011 Leeds Theosophical Society